Who Do You Fear Becoming?
We address a lot of shadow in this episode – directly and non-linearly. We’ll look at the essence of who it is that you are becoming and why you want to become her. What does she have that you don’t? And the 5 steps that allow you to step into the person you are becoming. Here’s the thing: life happens, and pivoting in life is necessary. So bring intention to what you engage with and be mindful of both the light and the shadow.◗
◤ This episode is one of a stream of consciousness. Strap in for a wild ride in connecting to your sense of I. So hot tip, if my slower pace drives you crazy, listen on 1.5x speed. I don’t mind! ▸
BRITTANY MARIE, YOUR HOST
And that’s the keyword: ideal. The person that we dream of becoming is your ideal. But it’s not guaranteed and it may not come to be. Right? And there are several reasons for this. There’s several reasons why we put the ideal so high in our brain and there’s also a reason why we may not get there. For instance, a big one is we allow life to get in the way. And just so you know, there is nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with allowing life to get in the way. Because sometimes that’s a gift.
WHAT IMPACTS WHO YOU ARE BECOMING
- the things around you
- the people you keep by your side
- the opportunities you engage with
- the activities you practice
- the energy of the places you spend your time
- the energy of the movements you take action in
- the energies of sympatico from your community
PREVIOUS EPISODES TO LISTEN TO
MASTERCLASS: Life’s To-Do List
The Law of Attraction, with Summer Monae
MASTERCLASS: Find Your Purpose
What is it That You Want?, with Natalija Pavlovich
EMBRACE ALL OF YOU
To fully take on and live as the person you are becoming, it requires self-love, self-compassion, and self-acceptance. That means that we must embrace all of us – the light and the shadow. And when we reject the shadow within us, we bypass our authenticity, our sense of connection, and what it means to live our version of a wholesome, fruitful, and worthwhile life.
Embracing and loving your shadow is a hard thing to do. We’re told to deny it, to quiet it, to ignore it at all costs. But there is nothing wrong with the shadow part of you. And in fact, there is not light without the dark, which is why embracing all of you is so necessary. You won’t be able to get to where you want to go without accepting all of what makes you you.
So take the time, whether it be a few days, a few hours, or a reflection every now and then – take the time to listen to your inner truth and love what you were told to shun. Our flaws are what make us beautiful. Embrace your beauty. Embrace your truth. Embrace your alignment.
THE FEAR OF WHO IT IS YOU DON’T WANT TO BECOME
I was very vulnerable with you on the show, sharing with you who it is that I fear of becoming, in hopes my strength would invite the strength within you to come out and support you. It’s at the end of the episode if you want to skip around for it.
The key to facing this fear is, yes, honesty, but more so the ability to form the awareness that you will cope, that you’ll still be loved, and that you life will still be worth living. Whoever she is that you don’t want to become, she’s still worth your time, you love, and your acceptance.
And if you do become her, don’t let it become the be all, end all. If you must, let that be a death within you – a signal of the phoenix rising from the ashes. You can always begin again, as long as you are honest with yourself and follow both the light and the dark within you.
THE 5 STEPS TO BECOMING THE PERSON YOU ARE BECOMING
- Be brave. Be bold. Dream big.
- Analyze what you are actually going after.
- Get down to the core of what it is you aspire.
- Allow the big dream to inspire and motivate you.
- Alter the nouns you engage with and bring intentionality.
- Who do you fear becoming?
- Who is the person you’re becoming in 10 years, 5 years, 3 years, 1 year, 3 months, tomorrow?
- What do they have?
- Why are they the ideal?
- What do they have that you don’t? And why?
- What will you do if you aren’t able to live the life you dream of?
- Could you go after something similar if this path doesn’t work out? What would that be?
- What is the essence of what you are trying to achieve in your life?
REFERENCES & NEXT STEPS
- Join the Magic Hour – the first Thursday of every month, where we come together to gab, connect intentionally, and even network! It’s a blast.
- Gilmore Girls – a dramcom that ran from 2000-2007 about a mother-daughter duo who live in a charming small town, drink endless amounts of coffee, and take very, very fast.